Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Lillian Rose Anderson has arrived!

On Monday October 27th, I went into the hospital around 10 to be induced. By the time I got in and settled I learned that they didn't know when the doctor would be able to come in and break my water like they did with Carter. I talked to the nurse and decided around 11 that they would start me on some pitocin. They gave me one drop every hour until 12:30 when the doctor came in to break my water. I got an epidural soon after that and she was born at 2:22 pm. She weighed 7lbs 11ozs and was 18 inches long. She is so sweet. We came home on Tuesday late afternoon. Carter has been doing well with all things considered. He is jealous of the attention she gets and thinks she should be in the bouncer or swing all the time so I can hold him. He went over to a friends house for awhile today and then out with my mom, so he hasn't had a ton of time yet to show too much frustration. Any tips for helping the siblings adjust to a new baby?

Sorry I still haven't been able to find my camera cord so you will have to wait a little longer to see our cute baby girl.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Congratulations! Glad everything went well. I'm sure she's adorable!

April said...

Can't wait to see pictures! Congrats!

Kacey said...

hey congrats!! im so jealous how short your labor was!! lucky you! Im excited to see her!

Julie said...

The best thing I've found to help Michael Anne adjust to Addison (although there is a much bigger age difference between my two) is showing her pictures of her when she was a baby. I just put her on my lap and go through albums when she was little on the computer and reminisce about how cute she was and how much we loved taking care of her. Then whenever I have to take care of Addi I let Michael watch or help if possible and remind her of the pictures of me taking care of her. Also, since feeding a new baby takes SSSSSOOOOO much time I read to Michael Anne while Addison is feeding. That way she feels close to baby and to me and I can actually spend time reading to Michael when everything else is quiet. Also, when Addi is napping I make a special effort to play with Michael without the baby. I say just love them both and he'll come along fine.

Julie said...

Oh yeah, congratulations too!!! She is so pretty!